Nothing happens until a sales take place sales people are some of the most important people in our society, without sales, our entire society would come to a grinding halt.
Remember that as a sales people you are the most vital people in any business. Without sales, the biggest and most sophisticated companies shut down.
More CEOs of fortune 500 companies have come up through the ranks from sales than from any other part of the company.
Many of the top companies in the world are headed by former salespeople.
You can be proud to be a sales professional. Your ability to sell can give you a high income and lifelong job security, No matter how many changes take place in the economy, there will always be a need for top sales people.
The first and most important thing for Sales People is Confidence. Confidence is indeed an essential trait for salespeople and can significantly impact their success.
The First step that you need to do is building Confidence. When you start selling for the first time, your heart is usually in your throat. It is pounding so loundly that you think people around you can hear it. Your stomach is often churning when you go into your first sales call.
Psychologists say that you often act as if you were a child in fear of getting a spanking.
Your self-concept is largely subjective. It is not based on reality . It is based solely on the ideas or thoughts that you have about yourself, especially the self-limiting opinions that hold most people back. . Many people doubt their ability to excel in a particular area, and even though it is not true, it becomes true.
Your self-esteem is best defined as how much you like yourself." How much you like yourself is the critical determining factor of your personality and of everything that happens to you.
A person who really likes himself has high self-esteem and therefore a positive self-concept. When you really like yourself in a particular role, you perform at your best in that role.
The more you like yourself, the more you like other people. The more you like other people, the more they like you in return.
Everything you do to improve your level of self-esteem increases and enchances the quality of your relationships with your customers.
Perhaps the two most fundamental qualities for success in sales are boldness and persistence. It takes courage to get up each day and constantly face the fears of failure and rejection. It takes persistence to keep coming back, day after day, in spite of continued difficulties and disapppointment.
But the good news is that courage is a habit. Like a muscle, the more you practice courage, the stronger you become.
One of the biggest mistakes amateur salespeople make is asking people to buy for their own personal reasons, not for the reasons that actually motivate the customer to take action.
The whole sales process depends, is your ability to identity the needs of your prospect accurately.
You must take whatever time is necessary and ask as many questions as possible to find out exactly why this particular prospect needs to buy your product or service at this time.
Plan every day in advance determine exactly the number of prospects you will have to call, the number of people you will have to see, and the number of sales you will have to make.
Make a written plan to achieve each of your goals, and work on your plans every day.
When people feel that someone genuinely likes them, they are more open to listening to that person and to buying what he is selling.
Three basic question you must answer before getting started.
1) Why should somebody buy your product at all?
2) Why should somebody buy your product from your company?
3) Why should someone buy your product from you?
- At least eight out of ten of all first purchases from a new supplier take place after the fifth call or visit.
When you are selling to company that you want to switch from their exisiting supplier to you, remember that it usually takes about five visits to break down the prospect's natural skepticism and resitance.
- Refuse to talk standing up.
When you arrive at your appointment, sometimes a busy prospect will come out to meet you in the reception area and ask you to tell him about your product, But you should refuse to make your presentation standing up. If you do, you run the risk of devaluing your product or service. No one buys a product or service standing up. Refuse to sell it that way.
- Money matters, everyone want to have more money. This is a basic need. "Money makes the world go around." whenever you can link your product or service to making or saving money for the customers, you will have his total attention.
- Early Adaptors Buyers, They represent 5 to 10 percent of the market. They will buy the product or service for no other reason than that it is new and different.
- There is a rule that "Telling is not selling" Only questioning is selling.
- Today, people do not want to be sold. They may want to buy, but they don't want to feel that they are being sold.
- A driver buyer: Get straight to the point. A driver buyer does not like small talk, and he has no interest in developing a warm relationshiip with the salesperson. He want to get to the bottom line quickly and make a decisioin, Yes or No.
They only want you to answer the question, "What's in it for me?"